Creating a Lead Magnet is something we often overthink, overcomplicate, second guess – and never end up promoting… mostly, because we’re worried that our content is just never good enough.
But guess what?
If you hold yourself back on launching your lead magnet, you’re holding your business back from HELPING 👏 MORE 👏 PEOPLE! Because that’s all your lead magnet is, right? A free gift to welcome new subscribers to your list and to introduce them to you, your brand & the solutions you have to offer.
Hands up if you’re guilty of…
A.) Creating & designing a lead magnet and not sharing it on social media.
B.) Not creating a lead magnet because you have too many ideas and you can’t quite decide on the ‘perfect’ one.
C.) Pushing your lead magnet to the bottom of your to-do list because you feel completely overwhelmed with all this online ‘stuff’.
🙋🏻♀️I’ve been there.
Heck, I think I still do all of the above from time to time.
So here I am now, telling you it’s NORMAL to have these inner battles when it comes to creating, designing & promoting your lead magnet.
You’ve just got to start with ONE idea. Create it. Design it. Promote it. And seek perfection later (when you finally realise it’s not necessary).
Here are 10 questions to help you determine if your lead magnet is good enough.
💭 Is your lead magnet on brand…
1. Is it a good first impression of you and your brand? Think of this in terms of content & design.
2. Does it build trust, credibility & authority with your ideal client?
3. Would you feel proud to promote it on the home page of your website? 🧐
💭Is your lead magnet valuable…
4. Does it provide a solution to a specific problem your ideal client is experiencing?
5. Has an existing client ever asked you to solve this specific problem?
6. Can your ideal client consume the content & action it within a week?
7. Does it give your ideal client a quick win?
Is your lead magnet aligned with the products or services that you’re selling?
8. Are you providing a solution to a problem that your paid products or services can continue to solve?
9. Is it attracting the right audience for the specific products or services you’re wanting to sell?
10. Is it providing your audience with content that they need to know, in order to take that next step with you?
If you answer ‘YES’ to all of the above, here’s what I recommend you do next…
Validate your lead magnet
The BEST way to determine if your lead magnet is good enough is to ask for constructive feedback. Here are a few ways to validate your lead magnet:
- Share it in a Facebook Group (make sure the group is full of ideal clients).
- Ask a business friend to review it.
- Send it to your existing email subscribers and check to see how many were interested enough to download it.
Nurture new leads
When your ideal client opts-in for your lead magnet, you want to make a really good first impression, right? YES!
And you also want new leads to eventually become clients, right? OF COURSE!
An email nurture sequence can be as short as 2 emails…
- #1 – Welcome email (delivering the lead magnet)
- #2 – Intro email (telling them who you are, how you can help & what they can expect from you moving forward)
…and as long 10+ emails!
It all depends on your strategy, and that’s something we can delve into another time!
Promote your Lead Magnet
Did you know that most online entrepreneurs spend 90% of their time CREATING content and only 10% PROMOTING content?
Don’t let that be you.
Once you’ve done the hard work, share your lead magnet on social media, promote it on your website… and if you have the budget – and you can see your funnel is converting? Use Facebook Ads to automate and scale! 🎉
Need a little more help building your email funnel?
Download my free guide for a step by step process to create your first online list-building funnel.